Friday, July 4, 2008

The Rules To Being A Kid

One morning I came down and saw that Madeleine had written these out and posted them in the family room:

The Rules to Being a Kid
1. Not being a cry baby
2. Try to be kind
3. Love your parents
4. Always have something to do
5. Look nice when going to a friends house
6. Love your friends
7. Always have FUN

She inspired me to make some rules of my own:

The Rules to Being a Mom:

1. Not being a cry baby, especially when your husband has to work late or go out of town
2. Try to be kind, no matter how many times someone whines, complains, or argues (note to self - TRY HARDER)
3. Love your parents - They taught you well and they're rooting for you
4. Always make doing things with your kids more important than getting something done
5. Look nice when going on dates with your husband
6. Love your friends - they'll keep you sane 
7. Find ways to make life FUN

4 comments:

amy smart said...

Awesome, Dee. I need to adopt those as well! Always so good to be with you guys. We're glad to do it again so soon!

Eric said...

Word up! Did Madeleine come up with those herself or did she the get them from something? Either way, I'm impressed with her rules and your adaptation. Keep the good work!!

Amy said...

I love this! Madeleine is a wise little one. I'm going to follow the rules too!

Amy said...

I have a rule of my own:BLOG WHENEVER YOU CAN!