Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Goals 2008

A really great friend gave me the idea of having each family member set goals for the summer. Madeleine wants to ride a two-wheeler and visit her great-grandparents. Beth wants to learn to play soccer and go to the zoo. Mary wants to play with her little friends as much as possible and one of  Luke's  is working to improve his golf game. Here are mine:

Meredith's Goals for the Summer

1. Downsize my list of goals to a number that a normal, rational person could reasonably attempt to accomplish in a 12 week period of time.

2. Actually post something on the blog I created two months ago but has heretofore remained blank (one check mark for me!)

3. Take my girls to the This Is The Place monument and museum so they can live out a "Little House on the Prairie" fantasy for a day.

4. Maintain some semblance of a daily routine with my children in order to prevent absolute shell-shock when school starts.

5. Potty train Mary and show no shame in employing various methods of coercion and bribery in order to do so.

And there you have it. The bulk of my time and energy will be directed to the pursuit of these goals for the remainder of the summer, which is already passing too fast. Primarily I just want a lot of quality time with my children. They are growing so fast and I want to feel that I was a part of their childhood instead of wondering where it went. The trick will be to pull it off without losing my mind or running myself into the ground. We'll see how I do . . .

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you've started a blog! It looks great and your style of writing is wonderful. I look forward to reading more. So remind me to tell you about my new idea that has to do with This is the Place State Park. It's crazy.

Kristin said...

Cute blog! Loving that you have one and you are a funny writer!

Lynnie said...

I agree! It's wonderful to "read you" Yay for all your nice summer plans. Doesn't it feel good to make goals somewhat public? That way you feel a little more accountable. LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Great blog Mer'. I miss you... Mary's hair has grown so much. They are all simply wonderful and beautiful.

Suzie

Denise said...

Sound like good goals to me...but who am I to comment on another woman's goals? You always accomplish a fantastic amount anyway!

Smarties said...

Great job, Meredith! I always enjoy hearing what you guys are up to and I always get a big kick out of your kids. :) Keep it up!