Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Red Ants


Beth began her soccer career yesterday. On a team made up mostly of girls from school, they named themselves the Red Ants and adopted the coach's puppy as their mascot. They scored several goals (Beth got one!) and they really did a good job, especially considering most of them have never played before. It was hilarious to hear them when the other team started scoring - "It's not fair! That team PRACTICED!" "I was going to score a goal but I got scared that other girl would kick me." "Those 4 year olds are tough!" That's ok. The Red Ants are tough too, and we'll get 'em next time.




We run, we kick, we pass, we score!
We are the Red Ants and we've got more!
We go for the goal with all our might.
You better watch out, 'cuz these Ants bite!

 

3 comments:

wylie said...

Soccer is such a great sport to start with! How fun!

Gramma Rosie said...

Adorable! I wish I could have been there. Will they still be playing when we come to visit?

Catherine said...

I love the name! Soccer is so much fun! I should know! I'm finishing up my third year!