Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread houses


Today we did one of my favorite Christmas traditions - gingerbread houses! Thanks to those especially convenient kits you can buy in any grocery store, we've done a gingerbread house every year. We always put it together, go read Christmas stories (starting with The Gingerbread Baby) while we wait the 15 minutes for the icing to set, and then go back and decorate. Today we lit the fire, turned on the Christmas music, and went to it. In order to avoid any squwaks and squaffles over decoration placement, I got three kits and surprised the girls by having them each do their own. 


2 comments:

Denise said...

What a great tradition. I have tried to do houses with the girls some years, and other years it's been too much. I should be more consistent. You've inspired me.

Jenny said...

Such cute girls with cute houses. I bought some for my boys as well and they are still in the box:(. I may need to invent gingerbread baseball fields to get this tradition going!