Thursday, April 29, 2010

Got Gas?

Three times yesterday I thought I should stop for gas and didn't do it. Then this morning my empty light went on while I was driving to a doctor's appointment. Seeing it reminded me that I left my purse at home so I ran home, grabbed the purse, and hurried to get gas. So hurried that when I heard the pump shut off I didn't realize it was the pump next to me and not mine until after I pulled the nozzle out and sprayed my new shirt and the only pants that currently fit with gasoline. I had to drive to the doctor's with all the windows down despite that it was snowing because the fumes made my morning sickness even sicker. At the doctor's I tried to wash up in the public restroom - never a satisfactory experience, and I sat through the appointment with my coat zipped up all the way and my stinky shirt rolled up in my purse. Thank goodness no one lit a cigarette within 10 feet of me before I could shower and change. If only I'd gotten gas yesterday...

7 comments:

Paul Smart said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Oh man, that is a great story.

Amy said...

You can blame it all on pregnancy. Use the "pregnancy card" as much as possible, I say!

wylie said...

Oh Meredith!! What an awful smell! And couple that with morning sickness UGH!

Catherine said...

Wow. That would be very frustating. I am so glad that hasn't happened to my mom, because if it did you do not want to know what would happen

amy smart said...

I did that in High School! Only to drive away in humiliation, go home and change, start driving to a new gas station and THEN run out of gas! Then I coasted down hill into the original gas station where I'd sprayed gas a half hour before. One of my finest moments. I wonder if that's what Catherine is referring too? lol.

Jenny said...

Wow is the only thing I can say:). What a great story to read. Probably not the best one to live! Congrats on the little boy! I am SO SUPER excited for you.

Aimee said...

What a hilarious story! I love it!!