Monday, June 8, 2009

Did You Know?

Did you know that those silver foil bags that say "Will Keep Your Ice Cream Frosty and Frozen for Hours and Hours and Hours!" really won't and that if you buy your ice cream on the way to pick up your daughter from summer camp at school and then go pick up your other daughter, make a quick stop to drop off a signature, and then rush home to a birthday party the ice cream will all be melted by the time you serve it even though you kept it in the foil bag which was tightly closed? I didn't . . . but I do now. 

The kids ate the ice cream anyway, even though it was more like a milkshake in a bowl, and the party turned out great. 

5 comments:

wylie said...

Good to know that it really doesn't keep your icecream frozen. I don't think the kids noticed because they were having way too much fun at the party. Talia never mentioned the ice cream.

Catherine said...

To bad. At least they still ate it

Unknown said...

Was it Mary's birthday?!!? Happy Birthday cutie! I was so happy to see you, if only just for a minute, in May!

Jenny said...

I have noticed that they aren't quite as reliable as I hoped them to be. You did have a good plan though. I would have done the same thing!

Denise said...

That IS good to know. I have seen those bags on several occasions and wondered if they could possibly deliver the results they proclaim.

We'll be there next week for almost all of July. I would love to see you. Are you around?