Sunday, March 1, 2009

Girl Party



Back in January, Luke was gone over the weekend and we decided to have a "Girl Party" while he was away. We decorated with pink shiny ribbons and pink tableware and each girl invited one friend. The giddy guests arrived resplendent in their pajamas and ready for some party action. Mary kept marching around exclaiming, "No boys allowed! No boys allowed!" We don't usually have any boys here anyway except for Luke so I'm surprised she even cared, but she got a real kick out of emphasizing that. Anyway, we started the night making individual pizzas and decorating cookies. Then we had a little "glamour time" where everyone put on pink and purple hair extensions, sticker earrings, and lip gloss. You can't be all dressed up with no where to go, so the girls spearheaded an impromptu tea party and spent the rest of the evening coordinating costumes and pouring tea. Truth be told, I was worn out by the evening's end, but the girls had a glorious time. I really enjoyed watching them interact and learning more about what they like. Maybe girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice, but good food, giggles and everything glittery make a Girl Party!

2 comments:

Julie Toone said...

I am so unbelieveably Jealous of this party it is not even funny. This is exactly how I pictured motherhood...instead I got football and wrestling and bodily functions! You are one of the best moms I know and I know a lot, without a doubt. You amaze me!

Unknown said...

Look at all those blondies... so cute! Still can't believe you have blonde kids... who would've guessed?