Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Day Before Spring Break

Friday was only a half day of school, and since it was the last day before Spring Break, some of the classes made it a bit of a party day, concluding their units of study with a grand finale of costumes and treats. For the third grade, it was Greek Day, and for the Kindergartners it was "Favorite Fairy Tale and Nursery Rhyme Day." So, it was not a typical get-ready-for-school morning at our house. Instead of three girls dressed in uniforms, this is who I sent to school:

Athena, Goddess of Love and Beauty


Little Bo Peep, who really did lose her sheep and we had to find another one in time for school

Neglected Child, who nearly went to school in PJ's because mom was so busy with costumes

All three had a great day and now we are happy that Spring Break is here!









9 comments:

Gramma Rosie said...

Dee, you are the funnest Mom.A pink girl party. And where did you get such beautiful costumes? LOVED all the new cute comments. They just keep on coming, don't they. I read them over and over and laugh every time!

Lynnie said...

Ditto. I was thinking exactly what Mom said. Weird.

Lynnie said...

PS I'm not using a pattern. I just make stuff up. I'll try to take a picture. It's mint/turquoise, white and orange. Boy!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, and so cute!

Catherine said...

My favorite greek goddess is Athena!!

Catherine said...

Actually Athena is the goddess of war and wisdom. Madeliene was Aphrodite.

Sarah said...

I'm so impressed that you started with a pillowcase and turned it into that! I know who to call when I need to make a costume!

Aimee said...

I laughed out loud when I scrolled down and saw "Neglected child." That was hilarious!

Unknown said...

Paige just took a look at Madeliene and say "She is so very beautiful. I want to be beautiful like that."
Cute.