Saturday, October 16, 2010

One Week and Wide-Eyed

One week already. The days went by so fast and yet life before Gabe was here already seems far away. He has been all the joy we thought he would be, and then some. His sisters are completely smitten and never miss an opportunity to hold him, kiss him, or help care for him. It is delightful to watch them surround their brother with such enthusiastic love. Luke hasn't left my side all week. He has done EVERYTHING involving the girls and the house so that I didn't have to lift a finger and I am recovering well because of it, but just having him home has been a strength and a comfort in itself. I've been living in a bliss-filled bubble and though "real life" is bound to catch up with me soon, I expect to keep floating. There's not much that could bring me down with these eyes looking up at me!










6 comments:

Patti said...

You have such a great family- and Luke gave a very good talk in church today.

Catherine said...

I love the ones with Mary. I absolutely cannot wait to meet the sweetie!

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful boy! We're so happy for you all.

Abby said...

Hey Meredith--

Congrats on your new baby boy! He's so cute,and I'm sure your girls will love being little mommies to him! Hope you are doing well!

Abby (Saunders) Godfrey

Unknown said...

What wonderful pictures. I love the pictures of Gabe and Mary. You're quite the photographer :)!

Denise said...

Stats, I need stats. Day, time, weight, length, full name. Work with me here. I'm 2500 miles away.